"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson
1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
4 . Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.
11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.
24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
26. If guns cause crime, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
"The Gun Is Civilization" By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)
Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.
In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.
When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.
The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.
There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat - it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.
People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.
Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.
People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.
The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.
When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... And that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
A leader in the Minnesota Permit to Carry and Renewal/Concealed Carry, Iowa Permit to Carry/Concealed Carry, Florida Permit to Carry/Concealed Carry, Wisconsin Permit to Carry /Concealed Carry and Arizona Permit to Carry/Concealed Carry Training!
Training Locations: Fargo and Grand Forks, North Dakota.
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Baudette, Bemidji, Blaine, Brainerd/Baxter, Burnsville, Crookston, Duluth, East Grand Forks, Elk River, Littlefork (International Falls), Long Prairie, Mankato, Menahga (Park Rapids), Minneapolis/St. Paul, Monticello, Nowthen, Owatonna, Rochester, Rogers, Roseau, St. Cloud and Wadena, Minnesota.
Conveniently located in Rogers, Woodbury and other announced locations for the students in the Minneapolis & St. Paul (Twin Cities), MN area.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Now offering the Air Force Special in Minot, ND & Grand Forks, ND
Cabela's Store: East Grand Forks Sheels Stores: St. Cloud, Mankato, Sioux Falls, Rochesters and Grand Forks
Trainers Rusty Ramirez Laura Ramirez Tom Ramirez Rose Krats Steve Lonn Joe Johnson Matt Johnson Tony Ramirez
Minnesota Permit to Carry/Renewal Minnesota Permit to Carry Minnesota Permit to Carry Minnesota Permit to Carry Renewal
Arizona Permit to Carry Arizona Permit to Carry Arizona Permit to Carry
Iowa Permit to Carry Iowa Permit to Carry Iowa Permit to Carry
Florida Permit to Carry Florida Permit to Carry Florida Permit to Carry
Wisconsin Permit to Carry Wisconsin Permit to Carry Wisconsin Permit to Carry