We have a table at many Gun Shows and are available with information and to answer any questions you may have about the Permit to Carry. We also have links to the Gun Shows in our teaching area. Thanks to Glenn Van Enk, Mike Porter, Russ Bowers, Bill Braun, Dan Radi, and The Neigels for their support.
2006 Bemidji Gun Show
Laura at the 2005 Fargo Gun Show
Tom covers the table at the Brainerd Show
Tony at the Brainerd Gun Show - is that a hockey stick?
Nick mans our NRA Recruiter Table
Bre and Sylvia support the NRA!
2006 Fargo Gun Show
This Gun Safety section is brought to you by Jim Supica at ArmchairGunShow.com - thanks Jim, good job! Link to Jim's website at: armchairgunshow.com.
Collector Courtesy and Safety - Gun shows, etc.
There are special concerns for us who are gun collectors, dealers, and enthusiasts. There are some additional rules in collector situations, whether it be the worlds largest gun show or a friendís gun room, that are a combination of safety and courtesy. Violation of these rules is the quickest way to prove yourself a lout and gun amateur, and to wear out your welcome:
1. Never handle a gun without asking the owners permission.
2. Never open the mechanism, dry fire, or otherwise manipulate a collectible gun without asking the owners permission.
3. If you are showing your guns, triple check to be sure they are unloaded. It is a good practice to tie the guns with plastic cable ties so they are inoperative, and do not display any loose, unsealed ammunition. Well-run gun shows will require this.
4. Control your children. Strictly enforce the no touch rule.
5. About load checking ... This is a bit of a touchy subject, so please consider it carefully. In a field or range situation, it is an accepted and expected practice to check any gun you receive to be sure whether or not it is loaded. However, in a collector setting such as a gun show, this may not always be possible. On some very valuable mint condition or highly decorated arms, working the mechanism to check the loaded status runs the risk of marring the finish and significantly reducing the dollar value assigned to new in the box, unfired, unturned condition. This makes adherence to basic rules #1 (treat every gun as if loaded), #2 (muzzle control), and #4 (finger off trigger) even more vital. A quality show will require all guns brought into the show by the public to be load checked at the door.
6. Most quality gun shows prohibit loaded firearms, including legal concealed carry. This is not an anti-CCW stance by the promoter, but practical recognition of the fact that negligent discharges have occurred when concealed carry guns have been pulled out at shows to get an appraisal, try a holster, fit grips, show a friend, etc., etc., etc. IF you are at a rare show that permits CCW, DO NOT under any circumstances remove your CCW firearm from it's holster inside the show.
A leader in the Minnesota Permit to Carry and Renewal/Concealed Carry, Iowa Permit to Carry/Concealed Carry, Florida Permit to Carry/Concealed Carry, Wisconsin Permit to Carry /Concealed Carry, Arizona Permit to Carry/Concealed Carry and Utah Permit to Carry/Concealed Carry Training!
Training Locations: Minot, Williston, Bismarck, Fargo and Grand Forks, North Dakota.
Black Hawk County, Des Moines, Grundy County, Mason City, Osage, Reinbeck County, Waterloo-Cedar Falls, West Des Moines and Rudd, Iowa
Prairie du Chien, Sun Prairie, Richfield, Eau Claire and Duluth (Superior), LaCrosse, Wisconsin
Baudette, Bemidji, Blaine, Brainerd/Baxter, Burnsville, Crookston, Duluth, East Grand Forks, Elk River, Littlefork (International Falls), Long Prairie, Mankato, Menahga (Park Rapids), Minneapolis/St. Paul, Monticello, Nowthen, Owatonna, Rochester, Rogers, Roseau, St. Cloud and Wadena, Minnesota.
Conveniently located in Rogers, Owatonna, Blaine, Woodbury, Burnsville and other announced locations for the students in the Minneapolis & St. Paul (Twin Cities), MN area.
Mitchell, Watertown and Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Now offering the Air Force Special in Minot, ND & Grand Forks, ND
Cabela's Stores: East Grand Forks, Owatonna, Prairie du Chien, Sun Prairie, Richland, Woodbury and Rogers Sheels Stores: Fargo, St. Cloud, West Des Moines, Mankato, Sioux Falls, Rochester, Bismarck, Grand Forks, Eau Claire and Minot
Trainers Rusty Ramirez Laura Ramirez Denny Bure Lisa Murphy Tom Ramirez John Johnson Laura Johnson Adam Breakell Lucinda Peterson Rose Krats Todd Tharaldson Rose Tharaldson Steve Lonn Terry Allen Joe Johnson JC Johnson Tony Ramirez
Minnesota Permit to Carry/Renewal Minnesota Permit to Carry Minnesota Permit to Carry Minnesota Permit to Carry Renewal
Utah Permit to Carry Utah Permit to Carry Utah Permit to Carry
Arizona Permit to Carry Arizona Permit to Carry Arizona Permit to Carry
Iowa Permit to Carry Iowa Permit to Carry Iowa Permit to Carry
Florida Permit to Carry Florida Permit to Carry Florida Permit to Carry
Wisconsin Permit to Carry Wisconsin Permit to Carry Wisconsin Permit to Carry
Illinois Permit to Carry Illinois Permit to Carry Illinois Permit to Carry